Monday, April 7, 2008

Personal Statement

My interest in tutoring began in high school when I started to teach Sunday school and Children’s church. I saw the struggle that students went through and wanted to do something about it. I thought since I do well in school, I love to work with people and I find joy in helping others why not give it a try. As I continued to teach I began to have a passion for kids in general and that’s when it hit me that I wanted to be a teacher someday and tutoring would be a great experience that would help me to achieve my goal.

I’ve been a teacher for VBS (Vacation Bible School), Sunday school and Children’s church. I have also led bible study and devotions for my church’s youth group. All of these responsibilities that I’ve held have taught me leadership, communication, problem solving, and responsibility. I believe I would make a great tutor because I ardor kids, I love the presence of children and of course babies. I am an honest and reliable person, which shows that I have integrity. Also I have humility because I’m not embarrass to teach kids who are my height or taller than me. I will not allow my pride to get in the way of teaching.

My career goal is to be a teacher and go overseas. I want to someday open a school overseas for orphans and those who can’t afford an education. I believe that money shouldn't play a factor in who should and shouldn’t have an education. Every child has a right to learn and be educated.

I should be chosen because I have the heart for children and the passion to teach. I am a responsible person and have a willingness to learn. I am trustworthy and dedicated to helping children discover what this world has to offer.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I thought it was very interesting how you want to open a school overseas for orpahns and I agree on how you feel about students and education. I would give you a 5 for your ideas. You have a very good goal.