KaZoua Vang
Grammar for College
Block 4
On Thinking
Hannah Arendt stated in a quote that, “Thinking… is a solitary but a lonely business; solitude is that human situation in which I keep myself company. Loneliness comes about when I am alone without…being able to keep myself company… [In thinking] I am both one who asks and the one who answers.” Many people may agree and disagree with this quote, but in my opinion I agree with this quote.
When I first moved to Marshall I was shy and reserved. I kept to myself and didn’t have many friends. Most of the kids at my school had best friends and little cliques. I was the type of person who wanted to be alone and scared of being made fun of. I remember thinking to myself, but saying it out loud. This kept me company and I began to enjoy talking to myself.
Growing up with three older sisters and two younger brothers I had to learn how to think for myself. As the middle child I always followed the crowd. Where ever my sisters would go I would go and whatever they did I would want to do. I would talk to myself and yell at myself sometimes to keep me on track. I would also have to give myself a little chat to keep me in line or to help me focus on the main task.
Now I’m older and I’m so use to talking to myself that I don’t realize that others are around. When I’m studying I tend to talk to myself and it helps me to focus. When no one is around I’ll answer myself once in while. Talking to myself is lonely, but I’ve gain knowledge and courage to think for myself.
Thinking is lonely, but when we’re alone we can think for ourselves. As a child growing up I’ve learned so much and I would never regret it.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment